FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New schedule changes/ refunds policy for tickets pch 8 April 2020 or after
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:01 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by BobOscar
I put in a for a refund yesterday for an itinerary that was booked last October. The outbound was 2 hours later. The return was now 6 hours later. I assume that it would qualify even under the new rules since the return was more than 4 hours later...I called to cancel and ask for a refund but was told I'd have to go online about the refund. The email I received about the refund request said I can go online after 24 hours and check on the status, but it shows nothing when I put in the ticket number there. The last time I needed to ask for a refund (October 2019) the phone agent cancelled the reservation for me & put through the request for the refund...
I also had a flaky itinerary booked as an award ticket in June to Seattle. It was JAX-DFW-SAN-SEA with SAN-SEA on Alaska. The AA flights JAX-DFW-SEA disappeared and only SAN-SEA remained. The earliest JAX-DFW flight was many hours later so there is now no way to get to SAN before the SEA flight leaves. I asked for a refund of my miles and they were returned to my account overnight with no fee to redeposit them.
1. The new COC do not affect your ticket as they, by their own terms, only apply to new tickets. You were and remain eligible for a refund if you wish.
2. You should be able to go online and make this request. It may take a day to adjust. But, in any event, if you are still unable tomorrow, send AA a note requesting a refund to your original form of payment and if you do not have a confirmation from AA that it has initiated the refund within 7 days, file a chargeback with your credit card issuer (bank).