FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt 30% more Bonus Points when purchasing 5,000
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:52 am
Beachchaser

Originally Posted by Tino
The current deal is only a 23% discount (pay for 100, get 130). Since people usually can't do basic math, they think they are getting a better deal than what is advertised. It's not a 30% discount.

Let me clarify: when I say I am holding out for a 50% discount (or 100% bonus), I am thinking 1.2 cents or less. The base price to buy points is 2.4 cents. If they truly are in a dire situation, it may be to sell points at a massive discount or go bankrupt.

They have stated that they are not increasing point levels for at least a year. However, I believe that at some point they will need to add a mandatory cash fee per award because they need to get some money in their coffers. They can't just let people redeem billions of points later in the year for no cash compensation at all. That will actually cost them more money than leaving the rooms empty.
imho buying points is situationally based, I am looking to book an extra night at hyatt ziva cancun, I will have just shy of 15k points so my cost if I buy is $192 compared to the $419 a night cash rate. Or hyatt house nashville sobro which a fall saturday will run over $600 all in compared to buying 15k points is ~$270.