FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate & Future Flight Credit {Archive}
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:42 am
bcm0830

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
Originally Posted by radiowell
I cancelled a reservation under the waiver on united.com, asked for an ETC (one of the options when cancelling, with the full price intact). But then at the end, it said it could not generate an ETC due to a "technical issue," please call. So I called (1K line), the agent agreed that I should get the full amount on the ETC. But the agent said that I need to wait a few days to get the ETC, even though all my successful online ETC cancellation and other instances yielded an immediate ETC email. Any thoughts? I understand that this may be normal to wait, but wanted to hear from the others.
We had a similar situation where we used a canceled PNR's value for a new ticket, and 1K desk said they'd send an ETC for the difference, but it could take up to 5 days. That was Sat, and we still haven't received it.