FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier's Latest: `Exchange Your Travel Credit for 50K Miles
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:07 pm
ordx

Frontier's Latest: `Exchange Your Travel Credit for 50K Miles

I got this email from Frontier today.

Frontier would like to thank you for your patience during this challenging and unprecedented time. You recently cancelled your flight with us and we know that you may still have concerns about when you will want to fly again.

To make things easier for you and to show our appreciation for your patience, we would like to offer you the opportunity to exchange your travel credit for Frontier Miles. This offer is only valid for you through the link in this email. These miles would be available to use for at least six months and beyond if you make any purchases with Frontier. Your travel credit is $XXX.XX as of 4/6/2020 and will expire on 6/16/2020.

If you elect to take the offer, you will receive 50,000 Frontier Miles deposited into your account. These miles won’t expire before September 2020.

One-way award flights start as low as 10,000 miles.
Plus, these new miles will extend the expiration of your current miles.

This offer is equal to up to 5 one-way award flights.
Of course, 50,000 miles sounds great, but I don't see how this offer actually does me any good since they expire so soon. In any case, I've already mentally let go of the "travel credit" since I doubt I'll be booking any travel by June.

I wonder what Frontier's angle is though. Do miles and travel credits get different accounting? Or, I wonder if this somehow related to the DOT enforcing refund policies. In my case, the flight was not cancelled and it was my choice to not fly. But I imagine that a lot of the credits may be from flyers who are actually entitled to cash refunds.

EDIT: Reported offers
  • $58 - $82.80 credit: 30,000 miles
  • $109 - $211 credit: 50,000 miles
  • about $300 credit: 70,000 miles
  • $578 credit: 120,000 miles
  • almost $1200 credit: $150,000 miles

Last edited by ordx; Apr 29, 2020 at 10:52 am