FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19 rebookings also to other airlines?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 4:53 am
HalconBCN

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
AF has cancelled my flight, which would have been operated by them. There is another flight that day by another airline (ME), which typically has a codeshare/JV with AF. ME is also a Skyteam member. The travel date is in April,

However, there are no more AF codes on the ME-operated flights until May 4th, wjhich is also the date that AF (currently plan to) start to operate their own flights again.

Hence, there is no more AF contingency on the ME flight, so this would be considered re-booking on another carrier.

Has anyone made any experience about AF rebooking on other airlines? Or do they do Covid19 rebookings only on their own AFKL flights?

Disclaimer: yes I know that schedules may still change, that May 4th may not be the day that AF actually operates, that making travel plans for end of April is a gamble (and I won't travel but rather stay put if the situation in Europe is still as constrained as it is now), etc. Just want to know if anyone has had any first hand experience with rebooking to another carrier.

Thanks.
Yes, I was rebooked onto Latam for my connecting flight to Sao Paolo, then to CDG with AF. I was told "we don't normally do this", but there were no Skyteam alternatives available.