FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does COVID-19 mean historic changes to passenger health checks
Old Apr 4, 2020, 5:45 am
boerne

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
That will surely depend on how widespread, recurrent, and deadly Covid-19 turns out to be. I wouldn't rule out some/many countries requiring proof of vaccination as a condition of entry in future.

Also, and linked, Visa-on-Arrival will be less of a thing, and people will have to go back to getting all sorts of paperwork in advance for a lot of countries that currently don't require it. Simply because a lot of places will be keener to know who you are and where you've recently been before you pitch up at immigration.
Since there is already a way to show proof of immunization, I am betting that the universal Yellow WHO immunization card gets a new addition. Proof of immunity or vaccination for SARS Cov 2.

We had to get new yellow cards and re-immunization for yellow fever last year because we lost ours in a move. Our friends traveling with us work for a large health group on the west coast. Their travel office gave them a print off of their immunization status that had the Great Seal of that state on it rather than the yellow card. The thinking was, we are the Great State of xxxxxxx, so everybody in the world should know this is better than that crappy WHO card. At the Tanzanian border, those of us with yellow cards blew right through. The border patrol told our friends they could go across the border for $5000 US a piece. I don't recall the final outcome but it was not $5000 because one of them is a skilled negotiator. At all of the other border crossing our guide made them sit in the car at border crossings and act too infirm to get out.

In my opinion, not only will they look for vaccination status or acquired immunity for COVID at border crossings, but they will group think it out and add a bunch of other diseases. Your health status will be as important as how many 3 ounce bottles you have, and that cork screw cant go.