FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trips You Are Glad You Took
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:35 am
bitterproffit

Programs: HH Diamond
I have had some amazing trips these past 8 years since I have started doing this fun travel. But, concentrating on Delta flights, 2 really interesting adventures jump out.

1) Some friends and I rented a house in Tulum on the ocean for a week in June. It was off season and really hot, but we could sit in a plunge pool at our house and see the Tulum ruins across the bay. We had a cook and cleaner who lived on property and cooked some wonderful meals for us. One morning we got up early and drove to Chichen Itza and arrived just as it was opening at 8 AM. We hired a guide who took us around an empty complex. Morning steam rising from the jungle as we watched the morning sun shine on the main pyramid. It was really magical. Drinks at the Zebra Beach Club in Tulum afterwards. They grew their own sugar cane for their mojitos. We spent nights on the rooftop patio of the property watching the stars, and the thunderstorms moving around the peninsula. Wow, what a great trip. BNA-CUN non stop.

2) Same friends and I rented a house on the beach in El Zonte El Salvador 2 separate times. It was a beautiful property with a black sand beach. Playa El Zonte is a surf town and resort area. We had an SUV and drove around a bit. There were some hair raising moments, but mostly beautiful drives along the coast like some parts of the PCH in California. We hiked up a volcano and there was a perfectly shaped cylinder cone volcano next to it that just looked otherworldly. The family that lived on the property cooked 3 meals a day most every day with papusas and cocktails every evening. The waves were so strong on the beach we would only go play in the waves when the tide was coming in. At night in the house, you could almost feel the vibrations as the waves crashed on the beach. I will never forget our flight attendant in Delta Business. She was a veteran and carried her own hot sauce in her bag to add to her famous bloody mary's. BNA-ATL-SAL

Fun thread! Lots of other trips with Delta, but these really stood out.