FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2020: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:17 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Hi
Further to my question a few weeks back when I asked about the miles saver fares on aa.com, I booked LHR-BOS for 57k miles. I don’t think the flight has been cancelled but I don’t think the US will let me enter due to the current travel restrictions.

What are my options regarding refunds and recrediting of Miles?

Thanks
When is your ticket booked for?

As with everything AA, coronavirus cancellations have become a HUCA game. You could call one agent now who would charge the $150 fee to cancel and redeposit the miles, while the next agent would waive it.

Take a read through several of the threads on the first page of the board, it's become littered with everyone asking similar questions about cancellations and refunds, lots of data points.

That said, if your flight isn't for a few months, then the general consensus is it's best to wait and see what happens. If things get better and you're able to ultimately take the trip, great. If things get worse and your flight ultimately get cancelled then you can for sure get a fee free refund of all your miles and taxes and fees.