FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Health of National during coronavirus
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:40 pm
Tony King

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Morale seems good at LAS. Lot was completely full. Surprisingly the executive selection area still didn't have anything more appealing to offer than the mix of altima's, Malibu's, fusion's, etc. I've seen some location putting luxury vehicles on the aisle right now since they're not being rented.

My problem was pricing as well. I was ready to set up a year long rental. Sixt offered me a MB CLA-250 or similar for $473.25 per month for 12 months ($5679). National was $20000 something for a year. The Sixt price includes all taxes and fees. Checked with branch and area manager who checked with VP over Nevada group and National wasn't able to match or even come close to that price. So I'm pretty much at Sixt for the next year. Checked with some EHI managers in CA and UT region and didn't get a response.

Sixt LAS said they laid off 80% of staff, sold 300 vehicles, parked another 500 in a rented lot and still don't have room. Another issue is these rental companies already had orders in for new cars from the manufacturers. They're getting deliveries of those right now which compounds the problem. Since those orders are often placed months ahead of time, and the manufacturers need a place to move the cars too, it's not easy to defer delivery.

A National manager told me they're moving alot of new cars into storage and will just defer alot of orders in the 2nd half of 2020 until things normalize.