FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As {Archive}
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:17 am
bluedog423

Programs: UA Gold, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Another positive data point suggesting a change in policy: I just had success with miles redeposit with no fee while they would not do it for me last week. I could NOT process it online under my "cancelled" reservations as it would error out, but I was able to call in and get the miles back on a reservation I had already canceled -- although the agent told me it takes 2-3 days so I don't see anything yet....And then another few days for taxes which have been refunded to my credit card. This was a flight for the end of March that I had booked in January.

I was also able to get fully refunded on a ticket that had >6 hour change in arrival time for a domestic flight. It went back to the original form of payment, which was booked through my credit card, so they'll get refunded and then I'll have to work with them to get my points back....But I'd rather have that as a flexible and non-expiring currency that a United ticket I have to re-use.

Yay!