FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As {Archive}
Old Mar 30, 2020, 4:02 pm
wvactions

Programs: AA,UAL Gold,AS,DL,MRD PP
I was able to cancel 2 award tickets yesterday for flights this week with no re-deposit fee. I was surprised when the agent said she would do the re-deposit without a fee. I still have not seen the miles back in to my account. I was thinking they are swamped and it would take a few days but now I am reading that some are seeing the miles immediately back in their account. Concerned they somehow just cancelled the flights without re-depositing the miles. My Cancelled trip section shows the cancelled trips, but there is no value of any kind associated with them.

In a favorable comment to UAL customer service, they did issue ETC's for my cancelled paid tickets that I bought last July. At first they told me I had to travel by 1 year from purchased date (which would be July of this year). I have no intention of flying anywhere any time soon. At least I know have a year from today to use the credits when thing calm down.

Every now and then UAL does the right thing. Wish I could say the same about Norwegian Cruise Lines. NCL makes UAL customer service look fantastic!