Old Mar 29, 20, 9:34 am
RAPC

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by yorkboy24 View Post
Do FTers think that this hotel is much better than the Renaissance and Marriott V&A in the city centre? I stayed here last year and thought the rooms were nice and modern and breakfast was included for Plats in the restaurant. I also got an early check in around 9 am. The tram only takes about 10 mins into the city centre but I was just wondering if others think the city centre hotels are worth a try? Do any hotels in Manchester have Executive lounges? For my dates, Ren and VR are about 20 - 25 pounds per night more. Thanks.
I work a few minutes walk away from the AC and it is an easy enough hop on the tram to the city centre (although probably 15 mins to the Piccadilly / Market Street). It is also a pleasant walk in to Manchester along the river in the summer months. Not a lot in the immediate area to the AC compared to the city centre itself.

The Renaissance is rather tired from past experience of it, but the location is good. The V&A location is on the edge of the city centre, but it is a solid enough hotel. The city centre hotels are worth a try (V&A has been our usual hotel of choice when staying over), but none of the properties are exceptional or stand out. It's very much a case of weighing up price and location needs from my experience.