FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cancellations and related issues
Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:09 pm
EMIC

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by kodawg9
Anyone here fly half of a round trip itinerary with the return portion of the RT cancelled? What options were you given? I had to book a separate flight home myself with another airline and called Virgin -- they opened up the ticket for travel through Dec 31, 20 (since then, the open ticket date can be pushed back to April 2020 per updated Virgin policy) but they're saying I will have no flexibility on the route and that I have to fly my original return itinerary (DEL - LHR - SFO). As a US based traveler, this will be pretty interesting to see how I route myself back to DEL one-way just to be able to fly the return portion so obviously I would rather change my destination if possible.
Had a PE HKG-LHR-HKG ticket. Used HKG-LHR. Had delayed return 3 times (FOC) but when tried to urgently book return, no reply via text / WhatsApp for over 48hrs. Timing not good as it was coincidentally just after Trump announced cessation of EU to USA.

Returned via another airline.

Original cost of ticket c £1,100 due to Chinese New Year price hike.

Offered refund of just £80 plus taxes...................or

Open return to end 2020, however, will have to pay any difference in fare on new booking.........................which you can guarantee will be extortionate.

Suspect I will just have to write this off.