FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bay Area orders ‘shelter in place,’ only essential businesses in 6 counties to May 31
Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:21 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SamirD
Interesting. I wonder why?
You never know - but there could be some mass movement of goods or troops or both. Prior to Desert Storm, I worked near the Sacramento Delta. For some time, I noticed a lot of heavy aircraft traffic @ Travis AFB. Long before any war announcement, I figured it was coming, given how much unusual air traffic I saw.

As for yesterday's outing, normalcy is returning rapidly to people's horrible and inconsiderate driving patterns. I took a long walk. Too long, actually, as the feet started to go, and I took the bus back home. Stopping for pedestrians (me) once again is an optional exercise when someone is at a crosswalk (non-major street), as it stopping at red lights while a pedestrian is attempting to cross on a green light / walk signal. Also, a smile and a "hi" would go a long way, even from several feet away while passing. Instead, more of the "you've got cooties, I am looking away" is happening. We all potentially have cooties. I get it. Smile.

Bus - free, boarding from rear door, caution tape up for first 1/3d of bus to keep away from driver. Only real annoyance - while walking, street person wanting money started to approach what would have been way too close - I turned to the right and walked far around. .