FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Etihad airways stole my hard-earned money | A bad company
Old Mar 28, 2020, 4:54 am
Fizza Khan
Suspended

@akalra1187 – I know companies are not charity, but this does not necessarily mean that they should adopt ill means of earning money? By saying this, you are justifying every illegal act of earning money. You mean if an airline is going into loss, then it becomes legal for them to sell out tickets and cancel them without refunding them???? This is like if I am selling a car to someone with terms that the purchase will not be reversed. Then, I take money from a customer, and I say that I am not giving you the car but also not the money because the terms and conditions were that this purchase would not be reversed… Does this make sense?

This is very simple. I bought a ticket. This unfortunate covid situation is understandable but if the company stops providing the service to their passengers, they should refund them their tickets. This makes sense when company is providing a service and the customer himself/herself wants to withdraw. But this is not the situation. Airline is not providing the service and not incurring any cost in relation to those tickets, they should simply refund the tickets.

Every business involves risk of loss but this does not means that you should snatch from others to compensate for their loss. No one wants to lose his/her hard-earned money this way.

I still want to go to my destination on my chosen date, if they can provide me the service, for which I have paid. Even in such a situation, they should made alternative arrangement because this situation has also stressed the passengers, but if they cannot, they should simply give full refund, even without bringing terms and conditions into the matter. Because terms and conditions apply when you are providing the service and the customer wants to withdraw. Here the situation is different.

This is also bad for the airline itself. It is losing thousands of its clients this way.

Thanks to all who replied to the post.