FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Etihad airways stole my hard-earned money | A bad company
Old Mar 28, 2020, 4:22 am
roberino

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by Fizza Khan
They cancelled my ticket themselves. I called them for a refund, and they refused to refund my ticket. They cancelled the flight because the connecting country (UAE) banned flights to that country due to Covid situation. This is an unavoidable situation and I am at no fault. I have not cancelled my ticket myself and I still want to go if you can offer me flight on the same date. In such a situation, you should have made an alternative arrangement for passenger like arranging flights through other connecting country, which is very much possible and easy. But if you cannot provide such alternative, and cancel the flights of passenger, at least give them their full refund. Since the passenger themselves have not cancelled their tickets, they should be given a full refund. This would not give you any loss because you are not able to provide them service, so simply give them their money which they paid to you.

THIS IS A CLEAR VIOLATION OF LAWS, MORALITY AND ETHICS. SUCH A FRAUDULENT PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED.

Many people on the forums have also said that this is a planned practice which is done by this company many times a year to compensate the loss of the company. God knows.

I simply request you please refund me money. Earning money by such ill means is illegal.

I would never recommend this airline to anyone.
Welcome to FT Fizza Khan! Like many people on here you’ve joined because you had an issue with your airline and presumably want our help in finding the best solution. Like many people in your situation your first post is clearly written in anger. We can all tell you that being angry won’t help you sort this out.

There’s a lot of detail missing here. What did they actually tell you? Did they just say they can’t offer a refund immediately? Because that’s what all airlines are doing right now. Send them an email through the feedback form stating the facts only, e.g. ticket number, flight numbers, flight date, cancellation date and that you would like a full refund. Do NOT include anything about how you feel, or about the airline being immoral or outside the law, as that will not help. Follow it up ONCE THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS IS OVER. All airlines will be overwhelmed with complaints like yours so you must be patient. Getting angry at phone agents will get you nowhere.

If you’re going down the route of getting the credit card charge refunded then that will also be a very long road. These things don’t happen immediately and require investigation, and since that will involve contacting the airline it will take about the same length of time. If it turns out that the airline will offer you a delayed refund or credit voucher then the credit card company will decline your charge reversal.

Either way, take a deep breath and prepare to be patient. Good luck!