FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OMG AA is still using call centers !!!
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2020, 2:36 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by estnet
Just spoke to a really nice agent who when I asked said she is not working from home (doesn't have a computer nor internet at her home). She said they have to sit 6 feet apart and tomorrow they will start taking temps at the door and if over ?100 they won't be allowed to work.

I know AA is having financial problems but why aren't they providing computers and paying for internet to keep their people safe (it's a relatively low cost option compared to having to train new workers isn't it?) ?
The agent I spoke to last week was working from home - and sadly,
the one I just spoke to wasn't aware that people are contagious before they felt sick
Many companies still have call centers, and a lot of them are even offshore. While working for a former company I did training for an outsource group in Salt Lake City, and one in San Jose, Costa Rico

For the past 2 weeks, we have been ramping up multiple ways for non technical people to access our internal network from home locations
This was a difficult task, but our company needs to be functional, even though our buildings are closed, and the parent company has closed the factories.
I work for a financial company that is own by a major auto manufacturer. I am hopeful this will allow more people to work from home in the future. Before the virus, my group, supporting ADC devices was permitted to work up to 2 days a week from home.. Many AA agents do work from home. I think it is often difficult to convince the people in upper management of the efficiency of working from home. These tend to be the same kind of people who believe in that 5 day, 8 hours per day, work week, as if there was no other way to work 40 hours per week.