FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid Relief Flights - Who Gets to Sit in J?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:48 pm
hoipolloi

Originally Posted by Fiordland
Are these flights purchased from Air Canada or are they purchased from a government agency/embassy that arranged them? I know the PM said the passengers would have to pay. I can't see a government agency wanting to get into all the different types of seats.

--
On the cruise ship evacuations, I read an article that said they used the business cabin as a quarantine area of sort and rest for staff. If anyone developed symptoms in flight they would be moved and isolated there. Not certain that is the case for these flights.
For the ex-Morocco repatriation flights, the local Canadian embassy emailed registered Canadians information about the flight as well as a special promo code that allows them to purchase the flight directly from Air Canada's website.

They also flew to Morocco with 4 pilots: 2 were piloting from Halifax to Casablanca while the other two were resting. Then they switched for the return flight back to Montreal. There was no time to rest in Morocco as the arrangement was the crew must stay in the plane and return the same day, which explains the need for 4 pilots

Last edited by hoipolloi; Mar 27, 2020 at 10:56 pm