FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AY COVID-19 - new cancellations in Europe
Old Mar 27, 2020, 7:22 am
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Now my LHR-HEL (AY1348) has been officially cancelled and I received the automatic notification from BA by e-mail and SMS. I called the BAEC US number (toll free, that's why) and only had to wait a few minutes to get through as BAEC Gold. So all set for being isolated within the national borders for the foreseeable future. Somewhat odd these current times as an experience.

Taken there's no restaurant and pub fun in London for the time being, I hardly lost anything, except for the business related stuff I was supposed to attend, but which too probably will soon get cancelled. And the same dullness goes for my AY business class travel. A water bottle and sandwich would've been pretty dire.

As a sidenote: I'm currently somewhat considering going AY+, as BA dropping HEL seems to be permanent. That ruins my great intra-Europe redemptions. The upsides are getting more scarce now. Haven't yet calculated would my current AA, BA and AY bookings be even close to Platinum, since I wouldn't get any bonus. Now, a status match challenge would be an interesting move for us BAEC members, taken the native carrier connection is lost. Janica, got it?