FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 27, 2020, 7:14 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northernvilla
The Javascript workaround has just worked for me but the refund page is no longer stating the amount to be refunded and that BA will calculate it using their own T&Cs and is final and non-negotiable. Is this just a way of getting people to go for the voucher instead? Or has their policy changed since I last cancelled (and refunded) a different flight last week?

For clarity, the previous flight I refunded (again using the JS workaround) had been cancelled and the refund amount was on the page before I submitted it. The flight I am now trying to cancel and refund is for May but still showing as scheduled etc. (e.g. not yet cancelled).

Any advice welcome, I am not comfortable to submit a refund request when BA can then chose how much to refund me after the event etc, and certainly do not want a travel voucher.

Thanks,

NV
It has always been the case that some bookings will give you a cancellation quote (usually if they are simple and no changes have happend), and some like yours require manual calculation. It won't affect what you get back at all. If the flight is cancelled then just fill in the form and you will get a full refund in due course.