FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 27, 2020, 6:02 am
wilsnunn

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I have a family member in Singapore at the moment, originally meant to come back on BA12 on 22nd April. This was cancelled so I moved them onto BA16 on the same day. Now all BA services between SIN and LON have been zeroed out for the whole of April. BA16 on the 22nd April has not yet been cancelled in MMB but I guess that once it does there will be little that can be done? BA seem to not be flying LHR-SIN-LHR for the whole of April and the same for SQ.

Would BA rebook them onto the QR services in the hope that they are still running or will it be a case of them being stuck there until BA flights resume? This is the return portion of a booking. They had no choice but to travel and there is no issue with them being stuck there (Singapore citizen and have family there they can stay with) but as they have indefinite leave to remain here in the UK and also have a house and are based here they would rather come home (but only after 22nd April when they are able to given commitments in Singapore). Travel insurance will not cover anything here (if it comes to that) as the booking was made after the date set out by their policy for COVID-19 disruptions.

EDIT: it seems as if the service has been un-zeroed... Lets see what happens!

Last edited by wilsnunn; Mar 27, 2020 at 6:50 am