FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:32 am
britenbsas

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Definitas
My reward flight to ORD was cancelled and I called You First to arrange a refund. My 2-4-1 was refunded instantly but the Avios did not reappear. I called a day or two later and was told it had “glitched” and they appeared later that day. I have still not received the cash refund to my Amex card 10 days later and don’t know if it is part of the original glitch or if they are just more than 10 days behind. I don’t want to call again unnecessarily so how long should I realistically wait for a refund to appear?
Quite a while longer I suspect. I'm on day 15 and still waiting and that cancellation was done before the mass shut down. I would imagine the refund queues now are enormous so am prepared to wait for a month before going down any chargeback route. I have been able to get refunds within days from other travel companies (facing the same situation as BA) via simple online processes . BA are not shining here