FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refunds for suspended flights
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2020, 12:55 am
ottiehund

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Today 4 upcoming long haul flights all disappeared from my app. No surprises there I guess, we all know what is happening after all.
When looking up the booking online I get the message that "We are holding your booking in credit ....".

This is interesting given 2 of my 4 flights are paid business class and are refundable. I would have expected that to have been presented to me at least as an option.
FAQ's clearly state than "non-refundable flights remain non-refundable" - thus it is reasonable to expect that refundable flights will therefore remain refundable?
The other flights are paid PE with RU lodged (which has not, at this stage, been reinstated either).

Also, I have received no communication at all from Air NZ by any channel - telephone, email or via app and that is despite my preferences and contact details are being current and correct.

To date I have respected their call to not telephone them unless flights are within 48 hours, but maybe now I need to do that, although am reluctant to do so as they will be busy (probably chaotic I expect) with cases more urgently requiring attention than mine, and still note under the FAQ's that "there is no rush to contact us ....".

Is this what others are experiencing?