FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:51 pm
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
That is because disasters don't happen here. Unfortunately I'm not sure even a disaster here would wake up some people. They will be very agitated and claim it was never possible to see what happened. They will also blame those that warned...
I think they will somewhat wake up if it gets to the level Italy and Spain is now, and they will still blame each other for the deaths.

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Sweden prefers extending poor care to everyone as opposed to acceptable or mediocre care to its taxpayers. Combined with poor pay and no performance management for doctors its a recipe for continued disaster. With Swedes not understanding that change is required to improve things and that such change needs to happen without the kindergarten mentality of consensus, you should either maintain access to private healthcare or have healthcare options abroad. Even countries like Estonia and Poland provide far better care (including dental) than Sweden.
Quite often a suggestion for improvement = criticism in Sweden. What I have heard a lot is, "if there's no problem, what's the problem". A guy works at the packing company "T" said that his managers blamed they can't make more money than now because of unfair competition from abroad - again the blame game.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It will be interesting to see how in this upcoming situation Sweden will deal with its legions of healthcare workers working only 80% or so of the regular hours for full-time employees, especially the employees who use kids as the excuse for the time off but are then instead using the time to add to their “me time” without kids.
Aftonbladet said 3000 health workers are already on sick leave in Skane and Skane has like 60 ICU beds for 1.4M people.

Btw, train conductors are no longer working on pagatog in Skane, and yet they are still pressuring parents to send their kids to go to school.