FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award miles reinstatement / redeposit fees, issues, questions thru 30 Jun 2020
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:53 am
Bergy Bits

Originally Posted by ajumbaje
I have tried twice so far to cancel my award flight that takes place in late May. All AA metal domestic US. The first agent said I would still have to pay the $150 redeposit fee and the second agent late last week said that they are only reinstating miles and waiving redeposit fees for flights up to the end of april. If anyone has had success with getting miles reinstated without a fee for flights after April, please let me know! I'm just curious if there is anything I need to say over the phone.
My 2nd request last week to cancel a May 3 flight FCO-JFK without redeposit fee was finally granted, but not without mild resistance on AA's part. Miles were redeposited quickly, but taxes (since they were BA flights, quite a hefty amount) have not shown up yet. I'd call every few days and stay polite but firm. Maybe because your flights are domestic and later in the month, there is more resistance, whereas my flights were between the European Covid hotspot and the American Covid hotspot.