FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:58 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by twincheeks
Can anyone advise me. My original booking was using a 241 voucher with my outbound flight to MIA in January. I then added the return flight for April when those flights became available.

I am now stuck in the US and BA have cancelled the return flights. The only option I appear to be given is a refund or to re book. Is this a restriction because I used a 241 voucher.?

I cannot get through on the phone due to the long waiting times and BA is not replying to me via twitter.

I am getting more concerned if the U.K. stop flights from the US prior to my original return date.

i shall be grateful for any views from those of you with more experience of how BA operate.
If you are in the US and want to return then do not cancel or apply for a voucher. Your original BA flights may be cancelled, but there are still a fair few BA and AA flight from the US to the UK. BA does have a duty to reroute you so you can get home. Your only option really is to discuss this with BA and work out a route home, that may involve additional AA connections in the US to a suitable gateway back such as JFK.