FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: refund provided as voucher (for non refundable fares)
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:11 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
IANAL and my French isn't good either, but the accompanying report states:
So it also means that if one booked an hotel, a camp site, a rental car, or a "touristic activity", the suppliers (i.e the hotel, the camping the car rental company etc...) is allowed to provide an 18 month valid voucher to replace the refund.
In case the customer does not use the voucher within the 18 months, then the company must refund in cash the customer - but not before. In case the voucher is partially used, the company must refund the remaining value at the expiration of the voucher. The company also must inform the customer 30 days beofre expiry of the voucher that the given voucher is due to expire soon. That's my understanding of this ordonnance available on the legifrance website.
So again, if booked a flight ticket with AF, EC 261/2004 is still valid per this law.
However, if booked on AF a package flight+hotel or flight+rental car, then it's a bit unclear to me if you can request a full refund.