FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US citizen trying to travel to Japan (coronavirus-related)
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:17 pm
FlyingSloth

Question

Originally Posted by 5khours
1. We have answered all of these questions before.
2. There are no restrictions on coming to Japan from Singapore unless you have been in another restricted country in the last 14 days. HAVE YOU BEEN IN ANY COUNTRIES BESIDES SINGAPORE?
3. If the answer to the question above is NO. Just get on a flight to Tokyo. All of the ANA and JAL flights are flying as scheduled with plenty of availability.... as are most but not all of the SQ flights. Out of 10 flights in the last two days, there has only been one cancellation. It's an easy train ride from Tokyo to Osaka.
4. All the stuff about taxis, masks, where you are going to stay are irrelevant because there are NO restrictions on flying into Japan from Singapore.
5. If you expect people on this forum to help you, you might want to not wait 2 days to respond after they have spent considerable time and effort finding the answers for you.
I had a flight to Japan that was cancelled for 31 March. I am checking other flights as much as I can. The confusing thing is the SQ web site is showing no flights available to Haneda ot KIX, even though there should be flights available. I have reached out to SQ via social media, but they have not addressed this question.

For most Europeans, I believe from what I read on Japan Times that the bans were based on your physical presence in those countries "banned" as well as your actual passport. For example, people holding an Icelandic passport had the visa waiver for Japan suspended. So if they hold an Icelandic passport, but have not been in Iceland for months, etc. they would still be denied entry to Japan.

I keep reading on Japanese news sources and forums that it is expected that Japan will announce similar restrictions for U.S passport holders. That is the reason why you are seeing my questions about passports. I have not been in any of the affected countries on the list.