FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As {Archive}
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:07 pm
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
I searched this thread but didn't find a clear answer to this.

Is there any way (other than calling and likely being on hold forever) to get an award redeposited without the $125 award redeposit fee charge? I have LO flights (via WAW), that are canceled, and there is the EU inbound ban, not to mention total lockdown in Poland (transit), and the US outbound travel ban. Yet still, unlike most other airlines, UA still insists to charge a $125 award redeposit fee if I try to cancel it online or via app.

Is there any way to get the miles (and the nominal $) back without the ridiculous $125 redeposit fee? In case of travel ban and flight cancellations a refund with no predatory fees should be easy, but apparently not so with United...*sigh*

If only way to do that is to have an agent do that, other than calling, is there a way to contact UA otherwise, such as via text message or online chat or something, so at least one isn't stuck on the phone forever?

Thanks in advance for help and advice, and apologies if this has been answered here before. I searched for award redeposit and didn't see this clearly addressed here earlier upthread (other than apparently UA agents insisting to charge award redeposit fees for canceled flights still on the last report of that I found here).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 25, 2020 at 6:51 pm Reason: Moved to an awards change thread