FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: refund provided as voucher (for non refundable fares)
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:25 am
carnarvon

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Yes . Unfortunately AF has apparently cut a deal with Amex France not to accept chargeback requests.

So not only is AF not respecting the law, Amex France is also flouting its promise to its cardholders.
I am not sure what Amex obligations or promises are in the matter.

I recently had a dispute with Hertz SOU who wanted to charge me for damage on one door, even though the return desk was not manned and they inspected the car more than 1 hour after I had dropped the keys (and the car was not damaged).

Wanting to put pressure on Hertz, I called Amex to ask for charge back and was surprised to hear that they would do nothing.

The guy I spoke with said that Hertz was in their own right to charge my card against my will; when I objected saying that I had given no one the right to charge my card for whichever amount they want, he just said this was the way it was.

I got quite upset that they would not raise a finger to help me and asked if Amex would agree to any charge by any one against my will and he did not really answer.