FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Repatriating through ORD – what to expect?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:55 am
GiantVulture

Programs: AA Plat, DL GM, Avis First, Sixt Plat
Repatriating through ORD – what to expect?

Hi everyone,

Hope you're well and healthy. I'm moving back to the US with my whole family this Friday so we're close to our parents and extended family. We're flying AMS-ORD on KLM (using miles) and then on to a domestic AA flight. I would love to hear your experiences and any tips you might have so we can navigate the airport with the least amount of risk possible. Here are my questions:

1. How are immigration lines? We have Global Entry, but some of the pictures when the travel ban first came in make are worrying to say the least.

2. If I remember correctly, AA has a check-in counter for connections after we clear customs, correct? Will we be able to use it even though we're on separate tickets for international/domestic?

3. What's the best way of getting to terminal 3 right now? Does the airside bus still exist on T5?

4. If you have any other tips, please let me know. We're pretty stressed out about doing this (and living in quarantine after that), so anything helps.

Thank you so much (and stay healthy!).