FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:06 pm
gottaluvNW

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
I need some FTer advice please.

September 2019: booked a June 2020 holiday to the USA beginning late June 2020.
The better half has decided that it would be best to postpone the holiday to Summer 2021.

Spoke to the BA gold desk.
Representative said I could apply for a voucher that can be used within one year of the original date of travel (currently late June 2020, therefore voucher valid till late June 2021)
I specifically asked the representative whether we must complete the journey by the voucher date or only begin the journey by that date - the representative clearly mentioned that we only need to start the journey by this date.

My previous knowledge of credits suggests that these are valid for one year from the date of original issue of the ticket and that all travel must be completed within one year of the original issue date (i.e. all travel must be completed by September 2020.)

What am I missing?
Was the representative wrong in stating the new rules surrounding COVID 19 voucher policies?
Or I am wrong in interpreting that the COVID 19 voucher follows the traditional credit rules and policies?

What should I do to ensure that the voucher will actually allow me to postpone the beginning of the journey to June 2021?
Its a trip costing us several thousand dollars so I dont want to risk a problem down the road...