FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stuck in Australia or NZ - What are the options? etc (combined thread)
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:45 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Sanjenni
Just spoke to daughter on the phone and told her about the flight being off loaded and only a few SIN px taken. She's asked me to contact BA to see what is happening as she is working. I can't through at all. Being told they are so busy they can't put me on hold and to try again later! Told her I don't think she should get on the Adelaide leg unless we know for sure the Sydney is definitely leaving. I've logged on to her booking and it is still showing as okay. This is so frustrating.

She is desperate to get back, she has a job lined up in the NHS and is needed. Can anyone advise me where to go next? I know the BBC has picked up the story but are government paying attention. I feel so helpless.
Appreciate all the hard work your daughter is doing in the medical field but... she needs to stop and think about #1 - herself. And getting home.

She can leave work at any time she wants to. No one can be forced to stay in a work contract in Australia - she can walk out the door this minute if she wants to. Taking the time to find an alternative flight and way of getting home should be the top of her list... not worrying about a work. Every hour she leaves this is making it harder to get home. A couple of days ago there were flights on Thai Airways from MEL to the UK. Even today there were flights on Cathay Pacific with a transit in Hong Kong - before the transit restrictions came into effect. And those one way prices were reasonable at £700 given the circumstances. Those options have now gone