FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket
Thread: Award Ticket
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Actually, in all the statements and advisories issues by SIA, the handling of reward tickets is pretty much mute. That isn't good and adds to anxiousness of travelers, especially when miles used have expired and such.

I just had a last leg of a one-way KF award cancelled (which is the fine, no gripes there), but will now not have a need in the foreseeable future to travel to the destination. Can I change my destination to another one (no mileage top up required) without a fee or ???

Via the form I don't get clarity from the responses which are all over the place. I also have return booked as a first leg on a separate multi-leg one way award that is still operating, but not needed either.

So ultimately, as both flight are Mid April I'll wait to be within 72hrs of planned travel and then join the queue at ION as calling or dealing with such issues via web form is pretty much hopeless. YMMV.
In February I cancelled a trip to the Philippines out of caution and was charged just $25 to change my ticket to BKK and for almost a year later (does SQ not enforce ticket expiry on award tickets). So, if you can figure out where you want to go and when you want to go in the next year, the worst case is you're out $25.