FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk Gayla 2020: The San Francisco Gay High Holy Holidays
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:36 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by carlosdca
I think you are underestimating the near and long term effects of this global crisis.

No "we'll see". I already see that this is major and life will change forever.
Not that we will stay prisoners in our home forever, but things will not be the same.
Just like 9/11 change the airline industry forever. This affects every single aspect of life.

We'll get over this. Yes.

But under any lens, July is TOO soon. Even more so for the type of gathering that Dore Alley is, unfortunately.

But feel free to opine otherwise.
Safe stay-at-home everybody!
Please don't tell me not to cope by focusing one day at at a time. There is nothing irresponsible about me refusing to make predictions about what may or may not be appropriate four months from now. Notice I didn't say "it will be fine." I simply said there's no need to make definitive statements now, and that the Olympics is an entirely different situation.
Posts like yours are honestly not helpful. I am quite aware of the impacts of the situation and am taking all responsible measures and don't need your holier-than-thou moralizing.
Stay safe at home without being a **** to other people. Have some empathy. No "you are not taking this seriously enough because you will not definitively opine on the situation four months ago."

​​​​
​​​​​

Last edited by Adam1222; Mar 23, 2020 at 9:36 pm