FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor Self-Isolate / Quarantine Rates (-40%)
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:41 am
3544quebec

As someone who will need to enter self-isolation in 2 days , I for one applaud The Novotel for this. What do people who criticise this think self-isolators who can't stay at home because of elderly/at-risk family members should do? Given that the guidelines do not allow going out shopping for groceries ( deliveries are an option) this package really relieves the stress of an extremely stressful situation.

The authorities have enough on their plate without having to manage self-isolators as well when hotels can manage and if empowered monitor compliance. The less difficult you make the logistics of 14 days of self-isolation, the greater the compliance will be.

The criticism is totally unjustified.

If the authorities at some point require these rooms for quarantining recovering/less ill patients, they I am sure will have the power to requisition the hotel. Until that point the greater that compliance is with strict self-isolation the fewer the number of patients who might necessitate requisitioning of the hotel.

Kudos to Novotel Brighton Beach - now I'll go and check the pricing to make sure my platitudes are not misplaced!