FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One week in Jordan (10/2019) & Royal Jordanian Business Class
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:16 am
florens

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Instalment 5:

Day 10 (13.10.2019)

Check-in was as efficient as a week ago, except there was a seating issue. IB had a last minute aircraft change to LHR which meant a differently configured A340-600 would fly the route today. This meant that our seats got changed and not to our liking. The RJ agent said it was impossible for him to change the seats in his system. I had to do it myself then, via the IB app, and eventually he was able to print our boarding passes.

We didn’t bother to go to the lounge this time and just waited in the terminal until it was time to board.

Today’s flight took about 4 hours and the service was very good again. We opted, again, for Arabic coffee before departure and then enjoyed champagne and nuts after departure while waiting for our meals. The IFE is quite basic, but we managed to find a movie to watch. The flight went by really quickly.

After landing at LHR I was surprised to see that IB had once again changed their A346 configuration and thus our new seats were not the ones we had originally wanted. As the aircraft was full, there was no way to change them anymore, unfortunately.

We made our way to the C gates, where our flight would depart from and were able to see a beautiful sunset.

The boarding was chaotic, as most passengers got new boarding passes (because of – you guessed it – seat changes). We had come to the conclusion that we want to avoid IB at all cost in the future, as our experiences really hadn’t been that great.

I ordered a G&T and was then served the same unappealing, dry and unseasoned meal again which I left untouched. After landing we had to wait one hour for our bags to be delivered and then went to the Hilton Madrid Airport for the night. By now we were quite tired, and annoyed about the Iberia / Madrid Airport experience.

Day 11 (14.10.2019)

Well, not much to say about the last day. Had breakfast, went to the airport, checked in, went to the lounge to drink water, boarded our flight (which was delayed), took off bound for Geneva, were served another unappealing and inedible meal onboard Iberia, landed and eventually arrived home after a great trip!

Our 787

After departure from AMM with views over Amman

Champagne and nuts

Starter

Over Greece, I think

Approaching LHR

Sunset at LHR

Iberia A340-600 business class

Business class vegan meal

Onboard Iberia A320neo from Madrid to Geneva

After departure from Madrid

Iberia business class vegan breakfast meal