FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US citizen trying to travel to Japan (coronavirus-related)
Old Mar 22, 2020, 9:19 pm
FlyingSloth

US citizen trying to travel to Japan (coronavirus-related)

I've searched all over the Internet it seems, but I cannot find any information what-so-ever. I figure maybe there is someone here in this thread who has some information.

I explained in another thread, but I am still trying to make it to Japan. I have been overseas for many years and I am a U.S citizen, but I have no "home" in the U.S and now is NOT the time for apartment / house searching in the U.S during the crisis. Also my city and state in the U.S are one of the worse affected.

Japan is half-way between Singapore and the U.S and I intend to try to stay there. There is no way to stay longer in Singapore as they are asking all people on a visitor pass to leave before the end of their stay as usual. But this is not about me. I just want to ask sincerely.. what kind of accommodation are people under the 14-day quarantine in Japan.. where are those people being placed?

I have read there are "designated" places for foreigners to serve their quarantine but I cannot find any examples online about where these people are being placed. How much will it cost? I'm okay with being quarantined if need be. I am not even sick. I just would like to find any information about where people are being placed and what the cost will be so I can prepare. At this point, I am prepared, I just need some information if anyone knows.