FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Avios Hotel booking refund
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2020, 6:17 pm
TTmex

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
TTMex, I booked a hotel through BA Bookings. It has been anything but straightforward. Dealing with cancelled flights was a dawdle in comparison.

After hearing nothing from BA (despite emails and phone calls) I spoke to the hotel directly. The group's revised policy assured a full refund for my cash booking. They advised me to contact my travel agent (BA) and tell them to email the hotel directly to confirm cancellation and refund. That proved impossible. Every time I called, BA, the line was disconnected.

I spoke to the hotel again and was surprised to learn that my booking (made through BA) was with Expedia. I was then able to call Expedia and organise a cancellation and refund. It has been a mess. Typically, I book my own accommodation, but on a whim, I decided to try BA. What troubled me most was that I had no online way of checking anything with BA Hotel Bookings. I had one email from them only. As a precaution, I have emailed all parties - as I still haven't received a promised email and return of cash.
Thanks a lot, Ana. I will try and contact Expedia then. I've the same issue, just a confirmation email and no way of seeing anything online.

BW

Last edited by TTmex; Mar 23, 2020 at 8:31 am