FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Restaurants, bars etc closed in France until further notice
Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:23 pm
Palal

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by IstKong
I was wrong, they are closing all passengers flights to french overseas territories from monday midnight.

Crazy decision. Hopefully nobody is stuck in a carribbean island actually...

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/coron...it-814966.html

Originally Posted by Marambio
Hopefully you already managed to get back to Europe, and otherwise hurry up. Le Monde is reporting that flights between Metropolitan France and the outre-mer are being cancelled on Monday until further notice. Apparently some people are trying to leave the Hexagone and the government is worried that the medical resources of the overseas territories will not be able to cope with more demand.

Police controls have become much more strict here in Paris over the last three days. My 5km run is now 2km and through small streets -- avenues and parks are full of police who constantly ask you to produce your attestation and an ID, and send you back the way you came if they feel you are too far away from home. I have to say the cops are being very polite, though.

Yes, this was announced here in local press back on Wednesday, which seems like it's been ages ago. I'm due to fly out tonight (Sunday) and my flight to Portugal still seems to be on as well.