FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As {Archive}
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:22 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by treepuppy
How many changes can we make to tickets for free during this time? Is it only one time where the change fee is waived? Or are we able to change multiple times? I could see having to make 5 - 6 or more changes before this whole crisis is over as the situation is evolving every day.
There should be no limit on the number of changes that you can make during the time period you're discussing; doubly so in the likely case that your change(s) are due to flights being canceled.

Originally Posted by treepuppy
Also, if I cancel the ticket, and it becomes a "canceled open booking" can it be booked again multiple times? I mean, can it be booked again using the credit, cancelled again (if necessary), and rebooked again, etc? Basically I'm just seeking any answer on whether multiple changes and multiple cancellations to e-credit and rebooking is being allowed. I can't get the answer from United because I can't get through.
OK, now I'm confused; you said you had a miles ticket but now you're asking about e-credit. The rules are subtly different for a paid ticket, although you'd still be able to make as many changes as necessary.

There is no functional difference between changing a ticket and canceling that same ticket and rebooking it later. The rules are identical.

All of that said, I would suggest getting back to the US as soon as practical.

Good luck!