FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odd response when I asked about if my flight was canceled to Jamaica
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:44 pm
remphish1

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Do you know that there is a global pandemic happening where millions are sick and thousands of people have died so far? Borders of countries are closing, travel disruptions are happening everywhere, people can't breathe because they need ventilators...Seriously, ease up and cut Jetblue some slack. You aren't the only one being inconvenienced *eyeroll-le sigh*....

I place it on the traveler to do his research about the international travel destination and the quarantine/entry requirements. You can check on the US. State Department site and the site of your intended country as a start. The U.S. govt has already said that a country's policy/procedure can change easily and abruptly since they issued the Level 3 warning last week. This info isn't always communicated quickly to the airlines. We are currently at a Level 4 advisory.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...al-travel.html - There is a link for future reference. Basically everyone is in a wait and see situation. This pandemic isn't going to blow over easily. These aren't good times to travel internationally, period.
No need to be rude and obnoxious. I did my research about the travel advisories so your complaint is uncalled for. I just find it irresponsible for the airlines to keep flying in the scenario with the high travel advisory, mandatory quarantine and the pandemic. Hope you feel better about yourself now. I am sure you never sought advice from here or asked a question before. So according to you since there is a pandemic I can’t ask/talk about my situation? This is exactly the point of this board if you haven’t noticed.

Last edited by remphish1; Mar 21, 2020 at 2:06 pm