FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Prepaid & COVID-19?
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:26 am
twitch76

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Often1
Here is the Avis Covid-19 policy. Changing or cancelling your reservation

If you have an existing reservation, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and secure rental experience. If you need to change a reservation, you can do so without incurring any change fees.

Reserving Flexibly

To travel with complete flexibility, choose “Pay At Counter” when making a reservation on Avis.com, and you may cancel or modify your reservation any time with no additional fees incurred.
Yes. I know. However, that policy specifically speaks to change fees and does not speak to cancellation fees. Avis has not, in my 5-year history, ever charged a change fee... so they really aren't doing anything at all.

On the day that I called, the policy on the website was slightly different, indicating that they were waiving prepaid cancellation fees in areas where a travel ban was in effect. They have since removed that line, and now there is nothing regarding cancellation fees.