FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded and RU's lost
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:40 am
Lhkiwi

Downgraded and RU's lost

Day 3 of isolation and thought I'd fill in the time asking for some advice.

I just returned from London this week on a NZ ticket, NZ1 LHR-LAX-AKL booked in Premium Economy. On both flights I'd lodged a RU (expire March 15th 2020) to go from PE to J, confirmed months ago when they had R class available. When I checked in, as expected I was informed I couldn't transit USA so I expected they'd send me via Asia in business or at the very least PE. The agent would only offer me EK economy, considering the circumstances and the fact the agent was receiving a lot abuse from other passengers I reluctantly decided to take it.

Since returning to NZ I emailed the elite team to see if I could get the RU's back and a refund on the fare difference (I'd payed $5600NZD) for half of the trip in economy. They've refused on both accounts and also said they don't do 'original route credit' worth 260APD and 440SP. Obviously now isn't the best time to call and argue but I feel a little ripped off. Anyone know what the policy is here, or the law as this is a NZ ticket purchased in NZ.