FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lombardy Lockdown
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:17 pm
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
Unfortunately, the worst has happened. She was taken to hospital in Lavagna yesterday with pneumonia and is now in critical condition, but still hanging in there. She is a tough cookie at 94 years old. She was tested today for Covid-19 and we are awaiting the result. The worst part is the feeling of helplessness being half a world away and unable to get there. And even if we were there, we could not do anything anyway as the country is on lockdown and there is no way the hospital would let us in. Mr. Fink is an only child but he has very close childhood friends who have been amazing. Her live-in caregiver is understandably upset and worried about her own future but we have assured her that she can stay in our apartment for as long as she needs to, regardless of what happens, as we won’t be able to get over there to do anything for many months anyway, which was a huge relief and comfort to her in these trying times. We call the hospital daily for updates and the doctors and nurses are incredible - true heroes in this terrible situation.
I’m very sorry to hear this, Finkface. This doesn’t sound promising so I can only hope that your Mother In Law is as comfortable as she possibly can be, extraordinary that the hospital staff are able to give such emotional support as well as the medical care under these circumstances. They really are an inspiration. I wish you the best in this very difficult time.