FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crisis discounts at high end hotels (2020 Corona Virus)
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:08 pm
KatW
Original Member

Interesting issue. Depends in the main on how many choose to travel ... by car. In California, traffic has been minimal. Driving has rebooted to a pleasant distraction. But, if many avail themselves then the benefits disappear and virus containment may be compromised.

But, here’s my take for me (and only for me). I am one of few who can take a break with minimum exposure (to and from). Solo, still healthy, targeting small-town or bucolic venues less than 100 miles by car, introvert (thus distance from others desired), preferred activities are reading, forest bathing, watching the tide, reveling in fresh air. Locales I am considering, all local to me: Half Moon Bay, Big Sur, Point Reyes, Bodega Bay. Small venues with the exception of HMB which would entail the Ritz so least coveted option. Most lack ostensibly luxe offerings but for Big Sur and HMB. Would consider upscale holiday rentals. Short duration, three nights.

As for discounts, I haven’t seen much yet. I would prefer to see relaxed cancellation and fewer penalties. Not so much interested in saving a buck as not wasting a buck.

Now then, bring on the objections.

Last edited by KatW; Mar 19, 2020 at 7:42 pm