FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do crew do if they suspect coronavirus?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
What do crew do if they suspect coronavirus?

I flew back from the States last week, 1A for the first time. I was very tired so fell asleep almost immediately. In my (inevitably light) sleep I was aware of someone coughing repeatedly during the flight. I believe seated in 3K.

On landing, I was waiting by the luggage belt and I could hear the familiar dry coughing and saw a passenger, sitting well away from where everyone was waiting for luggage. As the bags came out, he came and stood next to me, so I moved away and he looked a bit sheepish, still coughing. Whilst I understand his desire to get back to the UK, is he not potentially putting other pax at risk? and their families?

Given the current climate, would crew not have isolated someone exhibiting one of the more common symptoms of the virus? or even offloaded - we waited on the ground for some time, though he was one of the last to board. Crew even made the "Public Health Announcement" as we came in to land. Cabin ½ empty so would not have been hard. Or am I being too harsh? Do crew have any obligation to report someone with such a contagious disease? Would BA contact me if they had?