FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:29 am
newflyer530

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
I've got a AMS-FRA-BUD and back next week canceled. Called to try to rebook to travel in July, the very nice agent told me that on the inbound K class still is available however on the outbound only T and no more K class, hence fare difference need to be charged. I was then quoted a fare difference of almost 100 euros for a ticket that originally costs 157 eur.

Can't help but think LH Group with the "different fare" and not even "booking class" approach really is hitting a new low, they can basically set the fare however they like, even a K-->K equation will incur fare difference if the new K base fare is 100 euros higher than the historical K base fare - this is confirmed by the agent. I know all airlines are in a difficult cash position right now, but capitalizing on a public health crisis and penalizing its customers who are desperate to rebook? I say LH has gone too far.

I opted for a full refund (well at least they still allow this when flights canceled - so long it lasts) - I just refuse to provide LH with an interest-free loan when they are going so low, but this just is my personal choice.