FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stranded in the Dominican Republic + US State Dept Resource @ 888.407.4747
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:25 pm
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ErikStratton
Ok, I now have two plans.

On the UA website the first flight out was on April 5th, from another departure airport (STI) with 2 connections (PTY and NAS) and is 30 hrs+ travel time. First 2 segments on Copa. NAS-EWR on UA. $650 US for coach. It’s 2+ weeks after my original travel date (21 March), but I grabbed it anyway. That will be my “Plan B”.

Because thanks to JSloane (above,) my “Plan A” will be the Jet Blue ticket I snagged for my original travel date (21 March) non stop POP-JFK (my original flight was into EWR, but no biggie) for $400 US.

JB is not selling any seats for the flight down to POP. So I’m assuming they are doing the responsible thing and sending a plane to pick up those Jet Blue customers who have return reservations. (As is allowed by the Dominican Presidents border closing decree). I was just fortunate that they had an empty seat to sell me.

Still surprised and disappointed that United didn’t do the same.

thanks all for your suggestions and help. Much appreciated.
I’d certainly ask UA to pay for your JB ticket, and maybe a differential for the Biz flight. (Miles or cash)