FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chinese Pax Possibly DIED On Board At LAX On My LATAM Flight (Mar15 LA2476 LIM-LAX)
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:49 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
We're definitely self-isolating indefinitely as much as we can -- both to protect ourselves (if we don't have it) and to protect our friends and acquaintances (if we do have it). And given the crisis, we would be doing so regardless of what happened on this particular flight.

I also have a right to demand answers from LATAM. I'm not sure what law prohibits them from disclosing that an anonymous pax died of Coronavirus on their flight (if that's what happened).

I will agree and disagree with you. I agree that if that passenger who past away had Corona then Latam should get in touch with every other person who was on the flight and notify them. I also agree it was very smart to assume they had it and self-quarantine. Especially since it takes I believe 48 hrs till the test results are known!

Where I disagree is had the person been white would you have been of the same concern? As others have said could be they were US Citizens and havent been back to China in yrs, or not a citizen and left China last Nov on a long trip thru most of SA before Corona was about

I fully understand your concern and would have assumed myself that the deceased person had Corona (not assuming thats why they past away, and if anything I would assume someone on my flight may have it and not know it yet and is why I KOed my trip this past Sun eg the passenger on B6 to PBI last week or JFK-SEA on DL who found out after they boarded and the plane was taxiing.
. But I wouldnt be doing a war dance till at least 72 hrs have past , 48 for the results to come in and then time for any company to get the word out. Till the test results come back no one can say for sure if a person had Corona or not, thats where you are being unreasonable